Zoom monitors meeting statistics in regards to the quality of service for each meeting.
The “Meeting Alert” event is triggered every time a service issue is encountered during a meeting that was scheduled by a user in your account or in any other accounts that have installed your webhook-enabled app. The following quality metrics can trigger an alert:
- Unstable audio
- Unstable video
- Poor screen share quality
- High CPU usage
- Call reconnection problems
To receive notifications for this event, you must meet the prerequisites listed below.
- This event is only enabled upon request to the Zoom support team. The account must hold a business or a higher plan to request this feature.
- Event Subscriptions must be enabled for your Marketplace app with the following configurations:
- A valid Event Notification Endpoint URL.
- "Meeting issues alert" subscription enabled under the Meeting event.
The tabs below display the complete schema, payload with data types, and an example of the
meeting.alert event notification:
Name of the event.
Timestamp (in milliseconds since epcoch) at which the event occured. The value of this field is returned in long(int64) format.