Recording Registration Approved
Cloud Recordings of Zoom Meetings and Webinars can be made on-demand. With on-demand recordings, users can view the recordings of past meetings and webinars at any time as long as they have not been removed. To view these recordings, users can register manually by filling out the registration form that pops up when users click on the Recording URL. After the registration, registrants that are approved will be able to view the recording.
An account owner, a host of the meeting/webinar or a user with admin privileges can customize the registration approval settings for Cloud Recordings. If the “Automatically Approve” setting is enabled, registrants will be able to view the recording automatically after a successful registration. On the other hand, if the “Manually Approve” setting is enabled, the registrants will have to be approved manually before they can view the recording.
The registrants can also be approved programmatically using the Update Registrant Status API.
The “Recording Registration Approved” event is triggered every time a registrant is approved to view a Cloud Recording. To receive this notification, you must meet the prerequisites listed below.
- Zoom Account on a Pro or higher plan license with Cloud Recording enabled.
- The approval setting for the Cloud Recording Regsitration must be set to “Manually Approve”.
- Event Subscriptions must be enabled for your Marketplace app with the following configurations:
- A valid Event Notification Endpoint URL.
- "View registrant has approved for this recording" subscription enabled under the Recording event.
The tabs below display the complete schema, payload with data types, and an example of the
recording.registration_approved event notification:
Name of the event.