On the Zoom Marketplace, OAuth & Chatbot apps are installed by users with a Publishable URL(app installation link) located in the Submit page of your Marketplace app.
To distribute private apps, use the Publishable URL to direct users on your account to install your app:
Within some valid use cases, the Zoom Marketplace permits an unpublished app (a private app) to be distributed to and installed by Zoom users outside of your account. This document goes over the permitted use-cases, steps to submit a publishable URL sharing request, approval conditions and details about Publishable URL expiry.
- Supported Use Cases
- Requesting a Publishable URL
- Approval Conditions
- Publishable URL Expiry
- Renewing Publishable URL
- Enterprise accounts with separate accounts specifically for engineering teams to develop apps within sandbox environments.
- Zoom customers who employ contractors to develop apps specifically for their private needs.
- Developers who want to conduct a closed beta with live customers before submitting their app to be published for all Zoom customers to install.
- Sign on to the Zoom Marketplace and navigate to your app's information page.
- Click Submit and then click Request to share this app outside this account.
- Complete the Technical Design Document (TDD) and supporting Security: Evidence Documents. You must combine all the documents into a single PDF and upload it for review.
- Complete the form and click Request.
- The maximum number of installations allowed for a private account-level application is 20, and the maximum number of installations allowed for a private user-level application is 200.
- In the ‘Why do you need to share this app outside your account?’ field include information about:
- The type of customers with whom you are planning to install this app.
- The expected duration of time for which this URL should be active.
Note: A Publishable URL is permitted to be shared for a maximum duration of 4 weeks.
You can contact the Zoom Marketplace Security Team with any questions about the TDD or review process: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Zoom Marketplace team will approve or deny Publishable URL sharing requests on a case-by-case basis. Refer to the Zoom Developer Blog Behind the Curtain: Publishable URL Sharing Requests for a better understanding of how we evaluate each submission.
If your approval is approved, you will receive an email and an ‘Approved’ sign will appear next to your Publishable URL. Upon approval, remember that the URL will only be active for a limited time. During this time, you are strictly prohibited from:
- Making any information about your app public.
- Publicly using any Zoom brands, trademarks, or copyrighted materials to represent your app
- Publicizing the app as a Zoom app / integration and linking or associating your brand or company with Zoom.
You are exclusively permitted to distribute and promote your app in relation to Zoom once it is approved and published on the Zoom App Marketplace.
Once approved, a Publishable URL is permitted to be shared for a limited duration of 4 weeks with no exceptions.
Beta users(users with whom you have shared the Publishable URL) that have already installed the app will be able to continue using the app seamlessly even after the sharing permission of your app expires. We continue to support already existing beta users. However, once the sharing permissions expire, no new users will be able to install your app. Please submit another request if you would need to share your app with more users after the sharing permissions have expired.
After the app is published on the Zoom App Marketplace, beta users (who had previously installed your app) can continue using your app without having to re-authorize/re-install your app. Like all other users, they will be required to re-authorize only when you upgrade your app.
We issue Publishable URLs for a period of 4 weeks after which you can request two additional 4-week extensions.
You can request extensions for:
- Expired publishable URLs: Submit a new Publishable Url request. We approve requests within 24hrs.
- Non-expired publishable URLs: After 25 days, you can request to extend non-expired publishable URLs. Send an email request to email@example.com. Include your App Name and Production Client ID.
For any other questions regarding Publishable URL requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer any of your questions.