Install the Zoom SDK
1. Download the Zoom SDK 2. Verify files 3. Load the project
We will walk you through setting up a development environment for Zoom SDK for the Android platform, and give you hands-on experience.
1. Download the Zoom SDK
Just one last piece before we get started, please click the following button to download our latest SDK package
2. Verify files
After you unzipped your downloaded file, you should have the following files:
. ├── CHANGELOG.md ├── LICENSE.md ├── README.md ├── docs ├── [mobilertc-android-studio] <- Libraries and examples are inside. ├── proguard.cfg └── version.txt
Please refer to our Github repository if you have different file structures or have missing files.
How to get version number?
In the files that you downloaded, there is a file called
version.txt. The number inside that text file is the version number that you downloaded.
Please always include the Version number when you post a question or get support on our community forum.
3. Load the project
If you do not have Android Studio installed, please refer to: https://developer.android.com/studio/ to download.
Launch your Android Studio and load the project by clicking “Open an existing Android Studio project.” Navigate to the folder that you stored the package we just downloaded, and further proceed to the folder “mobilertc-android-studio,” then press “Open.”
Typically, Android Studio will try to sync the Gradle scripts automatically. In case you want to sync it manually, you can press “File -> Sync project with Gradle files.”
Once the project is fully loaded, you will see 2 demo files as the following:
We provide 2 different examples for you:
- sample: An Android app that has all basic features for both login users and non-login users.
- example2: An Android app that shows how to join meeting without any login credentials.
Up next, we will mainly focus on the “sample” project.
- Login User: User is logged in with Zoom credential. Logged in user can start a scheduled meeting, an instant meeting, doing meeting management, etc. While in the meeting, the display name will show the logged in user’s name.
- Non-login User: User can join or start a scheduled meeting without login. Some functions are not available for Non-login User.
Please visit Account & User for detailed information.
Custom Meeting UI
If you would like to have your own “decorations” in the video conferencing room, our Custom Meeting UI option can help you to achieve that.
Please try our custom UI interfaces as shown in the sample app to get some feeling.
For further information regarding development, please refer to our later section.