The Zoom Web Meeting SDK embeds the Zoom Meeting and Webinar experience in a website through a highly optimized WebAssembly module.
The Client View provides the option to display the Web Meeting SDK as a full page. This allows for a familiar Zoom Meeting experience because the Client View is the same as the Zoom Web Client, except it lives inside your own web page.
The Component View provides the option to display the Web Meeting SDK in components on your page. This allows for a more flexible design.
Meeting SDK for Web v2.4.0 and higher supports the major Android and iOS browsers.
Note that the Meeting SDK for Web on mobile browsers does not have complete feature parity with the Meeting SDK for Web on desktop browsers.
The Web Meeting SDK supports the same browsers and browser requirements as the Zoom Web Client. See Zoom Web Client Support for details.
Video resolution is a maximum of 720p. See Web SDK 720p video for details.
The SDK supports the features with check marks in the table below.
|Feature||Chrome 69+||Firefox 56+||Safari 11+||Edge 79+||Mobile|
|Gallery View||✓ (1)||✗||✗||✓ (1)||✗|
|Cloud Recording||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓ (2)|
|Join Computer Audio||✓||✓||✓ (3)||✓||✓|
|Join Audio by Phone||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Meeting Host Controls||✓||✓||✓||✓||✗|
|View Shared Video||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|View Shared Screen||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Request Remote Control||✓||✓||✓||✓||✗|
|End-to-End Encryption (E2EE)||✗||✗||✗||✗||✗|
|Share Chrome tab sound||✓ (4)||✗||✗||✗||✗|
|Virtual background (v2.4.0+)||✓ (5)||✗||✗||✓ (5)||✗|
(1) Gallery View is supported on Chrome and Edge (Chromium Version) and requires cross origin isolation. However, credentialless is a better option as your users will then be able to join computer audio on Safari (see note 2 below). See Web SDK Gallery View for implementation instructions for either option.
(2) Users cannot initiate cloud recording from a mobile browser.
(3) Safari Audio is supported if your site uses credentialless headers or is not cross origin isolated. See Web SDK Gallery View for implementation instructions.
(4) Users can share sound from a Chrome tab or their microphone, but not both.
(5) Virtual background supported on Meeting SDK for Web v2.4.0 and above, only on desktop Chromium browsers v91 and above.
End-to-end encryption (E2EE) for meetings and webinars is not supported on any browser.