Getting a Zoom Account
1. Getting a Zoom Account 2. Account Type, Pricing & Plan
1. Getting a Zoom Account
There are different ways to get a Zoom Account; you can get an account from:
- Normal registration process
- REST API
- From your Admin Account (Will get a sub-account)
In this section, we will walk through the Normal registration process.
- REST API: If you would like to get your Zoom Account via REST API, please visit https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api for further information.
- Sub-account: If you would like to get your Zoom Account as a sub-account. Please contact your Account Admin to use their admin account to create a sub-account for you.
First of all, we need a Zoom account to allow us to start “Zooming.” If you have not registered a Zoom account, here are the steps:
- Click the following button, and you will be directed to the Sign Up page.
- Follow the instructions to register a Zoom account.
- Once you have finished the sign-up process; Welcome to our Zoom family! You can now start using this account on all Zoom services.
2. License Type, Pricing & Plan
The following pricing information might change. Please always check our pricing page(https://zoom.us/plan/api) for the latest information, or you can contact our Sales Engineer to better help you.
The Zoom account that you got from the Sign Up process comes with a Basic type license. In order to use our SDK, you will need to upgrade your license, you can:
- Either sign up for a 60-days trial for Zoom Developer Account for FREE. Click here to register: http://developer.zoom.us/
- Or you will need to have a higher level account. To get an account for development, you can:
- Purchase a API Partner license (Recommended for SDK development)
- Purchase a Pro/Business/Enterprise license
Please note that each Pro/Business/Enterprise license allows you to host one concurrent meeting, if you have plans to host multiple meetings at the same time, you will need to purchase multiple licenses. Purchasing a API partner license will not have this issue.
The price and major differences:
|License Type||Price||No. of concurrent meetings per license|
|API Partner||Charge on your usage||No limits|